Only God knows the time and the hour when Jesus will come back (Mat 24:36), but we do know that His return is drawing closer and closer.
We don’t know when Jesus will return. It just might be in our lifetime. Therefore, we (Christians) have work to do.
We have been commissioned by Jesus to tell the world that He came first as a suffering servant to seek and save the lost. He was the Lamb of God who died for the sins of the world. We are also to tell that Jesus will come again, first for His Bride (the Rapture), and then with all the Saints (the Second Coming).
When Jesus Returns
Jesus will return first for His Saints (Read: What is the Rapture?) and then with His saints (the Great Day of the Lord — Zeph 1:14-18). When Jesus comes for His saints, He will not come to earth but will draw them to Himself in the clouds (1 Th 4:17). When Jesus comes with His saints, He will come to earth as the King of kings and the Lord of lords (Rev 19:16), as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah; and he will judge the sin of the world (2 Tim 4:1). Anyone who has not been washed clean by the blood of the Lamb will be found wanting.
Before Jesus Returns
We want people to come to a knowledge of who Jesus is. People need to know that Jesus is God, that He came to earth to live the sinless life they could not live and die the death they should die — the death that paid for their sins. In His death, Jesus paid for the sins of the world. In His resurrection, Jesus conquered death. If people would turn to Jesus, ask for forgiveness, and trust in His atonement and His redeeming power, He will forgive them, wash away their sins, and give them eternal life.
When Will Jesus Return
Again, we don’t know the day or the hour, but we do know the season; and it may already be here. Jesus could come back at any time. It might be in our lifetime; do we (Christians) all have work to do. We encourage you to:
- continue studying the Word (2 Timothy 2:15)
- be ready to share the reason for the hope that you have (1 Pet 3:15), and
- keep “looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).
Christian apologists Alex McFarland and Shari Abbott answer some of life's many questions concerning the gospel, faith, and the Bible by sharing Truth for a New Generation and Reasons for Hope found only in Jesus. For more information about apologist, evangelist, author, and religion and culture analyst, Alex McFarland, visit www.alexmcfarland.com. For more information about Shari Abbott, executive director of Reasons for Hope* Jesus, click here.
Truth for a New Generation (TNG) serves nationwide, featuring a multi-year conference tour and student-led club program to equip teenagers, parents, grandparents, and others who lead them to live for God. TNG's mission is to creatively communicate a compelling Christian worldview to the next generation by giving answers to tough questions, based on the truths of Scripture, and to build up the Body of Christ to stand strong and boldly proclaim the gospel in the world. For more information and resources visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store