“Moses chose to suffer affliction along with the people of God–rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time!” Hebrews 11:25
The choice was done. Moses was determined. He had counted the cost: Instead of honor–shame; instead of praise–blame; instead of respect–contempt; instead of plenty–poverty; and instead of a princely portion–a slave’s lot.
Was this wise?
What do you think of Moses?
Was he right, or wrong?
If Moses was right, as I suppose you will admit, allow me to ask, have you acted rightly?
Have you made the same choice?
Have you looked at the world at its best–and at true religion at its worst?
And, have you seriously, deliberately, and prayerfully decided to renounce the world, and embrace the despised religion of Christ, with all the scorn, contempt, and sufferings to which it may expose you?
Moses made his choice between the children of God and their sufferings–and the Egyptians and their pleasures. And you must make your choice between Christ or the world, holiness or sin, the narrow path to Heaven or the broad road to Hell.
“Choose this day whom you will serve!”
A master you must have, and it must be either Christ or Satan. Serve you must, and your service must be either righteousness or sin.
Look, then at:
- the world–at its honors, wealth, and pleasures; look also at the church–at its poverty, contempt, and sufferings.
- Hell–with its bitter reflections, deep sorrows, and indescribable torments;
- look also at Heaven–with its sweet thoughts, pure enjoyments, and endless felicity.
Now make your choice!
Do you choose the world and its pleasures now–along with Hell and its horrors forever?
Do you chose to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time, rather than to serve and suffer with the people of God–though you know your end will be as bitter as wormwood, and as dreadful as the just wrath of a holy and unchangeable God could make it?
If Moses was wise–then what can you be, but a fool? And your foolishness now–will increase your anguish and agony to all eternity!
Choose to love and serve Jesus!!!
James Smith (1802-1862): Before Charles Spurgeon began to preach (1854), James Smith had been proclaiming the good news of salvation in Christ and the blessings of the Christian life at the New Park Street Chapel in London (1841-1850). He also ministered in Cheltenham. Long gone, Smith’s words of biblical truths live on to inspire and encourage the body of Christ. Smith is well-remembered for his popular devotional, The Believer’s Daily Remembrancer, subtitled Pastor’s Morning and Evening Visit.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED