“Follow Me.” Luke 5:27
“Endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” 2 Timothy 2:3
Would you follow Christ? Would you follow Hin and exemplify self-denial, humility, patience, and a readiness for every good work?
- Follow Him, bearing a daily cross; and look to His cross, to make your burden light.
- Follow Him as your Guide and Guard, and learn to see with His eyes and to trust in His arm for defense.
- Follow Him as the Friend of sinners, who heals the broken in heart and gives rest to weary souls and casts out none that come unto Him.
- Follow Him with faith, resting your whole acceptance with God and your title to heaven, on His meritorious blood and righteousness.
- Follow Him with much prayer. For though He is full of compassion, He loves to be much entreated; and, when He is determined to give a blessing, you must yet wrestle with Him for it.
Thus follow Jesus, and He will lead you to glory. When arrived there, you will be far from regretting the toil which was sustained or the sacrifices which were made in your progress toward that region of inconceivable and eternal joy. There He will lead you to living fountains and fill you with His own joy.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR