“O LORD, pardon my iniquity, for it is great.” Psalm 25:11
“Where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.” Romans 5:20
“For He will abundantly pardon.” Isaiah 55:7
It is all one with God to forgive a repenting sinner his trespasses, whether great or small, many or few, for they are all atoned for with one ransom. No sin, properly speaking, is little in itself. And none is greater than the grace of God and the infinite price laid down for it.
Whatever sins, therefore, a man feels, he may throw himself upon the abounding grace of God. This grace must also be our comfort, to depend upon alone, even when it is best with us, For then only it is best with us when we depend alone on grace and live in it, as in our element. Grace brings salvation, purifies our nature, and makes us fit for Heaven. It begins, it carries on, and it will complete our restoration to God’s image. Grace can do anything for a sinner because it acts freely, and a sinner may expect anything from grace because it seeks only its own glory. If sin is a river, grace is an ocean — and the river is not more swallowed up in the ocean, but the sins of a believer are swallowed up in grace. O my soul, admire, adore, and rejoice in free and sovereign grace!
What though your numerous sins exceed
The stars that fill the skies.
And, aiming at th’ eternal throne,
Like pointed mountains rise!
See, here an endless ocean flows
Of never-failing grace;
Behold a dying Savior’s veins.
The sacred flood increase!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store