Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith... Heb 12:1-2
The Cloud of Witnesses is those who have gone before us in the faith. They have run their race and they are now with the Lord in Heaven. Some have been gone for centuries. Others decades. And still, others have departed this earth recently. However long they have been gone, their words of wisdom, encouragement, hope, and joy live on. Their words inspire us to know Jesus better, to love Him more, and to be encouraged and hopeful as we run our race to the finish line. Their words will strengthen our souls and sharpen our minds to stand firm in our faith, and their words will motivate us to be ready and willing to share the hope we have in Jesus. Enjoy Words of Wisdom from the Cloud of Witnesses!!!
“And We Ought to be Content with That” by James Smith, circa 1840s
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing–we will be content with that. 1 Timothy 6:6-8
We cannot really need more than food and clothing, and, if God sees fit to withhold more, then we ought not even to wish for more.
But our food may be coarse and our clothing very common. What then? If we have God’s blessing, if we enjoy His presence, we are better off than if we possessed a kingdom without them. If God gives us no more, then we ought to believe that more would be injurious to us.
God either loves us, or He does not. He either cares for us and provides for us, or He leaves things to chance.
If we are genuine believers, then God certainly does love us! He certainly does care for us! He certainly does provide for us!
He has numbered the very hairs of our head, fixed the bounds of our habitation, and promised to supply all our needs! He cannot have left anything to chance.
Let us then be content with such things as our heavenly Father gives us. Let us learn to be content in every state and condition. Let us bear in mind that it is written, that “all things which pertain unto life and godliness,” are given to us through the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. So that knowing Jesus, we may expect all that is necessary to a godly life and we ought to be content with that!
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
Get Ready For Christmas -- Share the Legend of the Candy Cane
Watch now and get some tracts to share the sweet message of the gospel this Christmas. And when you shop, check out our book, Who Said That? Common Everyday Sayings [from the Bible]
It's a perfect stocking stuffer, small gift, hostess gift, or just a fun personal purchase. Learn some of the sayings and use them to open conversations of spiritual importance.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge