Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith... Heb 12:1-2
The Cloud of Witnesses is Christians in Heaven. They have run their races and are now with the Lord. Some have been gone for centuries; others decades; still others have recently departed this earth. No matter the years, their words of wisdom, encouragement, hope, and joy live on and inspire us to know Jesus better, to love Him more, and to be encouraged and hopeful as we run our race to the finish line. Their words strengthen our souls and sharpen our minds, equipping, encouraging, and empowering us to stand firm in our faith and be motivated, ready, and willing to share the hope we have in Jesus.
“And We Ought to be Content with That” by James Smith, circa 1840s
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing–we will be content with that. 1 Timothy 6:6-8
We cannot really need more than food and clothing, and, if God sees fit to withhold more, then we ought not even to wish for more.
But our food may be coarse and our clothing very common. What then? If we have God’s blessing, if we enjoy His presence, we are better off than if we possessed a kingdom without them. If God gives us no more, then we ought to believe that more would be injurious to us.
God either loves us, or He does not. He either cares for us and provides for us, or He leaves things to chance.
If we are genuine believers, then God certainly does love us! He certainly does care for us! He certainly does provide for us!
He has numbered the very hairs of our head, fixed the bounds of our habitation, and promised to supply all our needs! He cannot have left anything to chance.
Let us then be content with such things as our heavenly Father gives us. Let us learn to be content in every state and condition. Let us bear in mind that it is written, that “all things which pertain unto life and godliness,” are given to us through the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. So that knowing Jesus, we may expect all that is necessary to a godly life and we ought to be content with that!
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOOa sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDANRiver mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean toTASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus?Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVENwithout knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?