DATE: 90 AD
John’s third letter is his most personal message. It’s addressed to Gaius and focuses on an ecclesiastical problem regarding traveling teachers. Gaius had given provided hospitality, but Diotrephes had refused to do so. John rebuke Diotrephes (v. 10) by his apostolic authority. It is probable that the letter was delivered to Gaius by Demetrius, who himself might have been a traveling teacher.
OUTLINE OF 3 JOHN
I. Opening Greetings, 1:1
II. The Influence of Gaius, 2-8
A. His Godly Life, 2-4
B. His Generous Treatment of Traveling Ministers, 5-8
III. The Indictment of Diotrephes, 9-11
A. His Selfish Ambition, 1:9
B. His Selfish Activities, 10-11
IV. The Introduction of Demetrius, 1:12
V. Concluding Remarks and Benediction, 13-14
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge