I met a lovely woman at a memorial service recently who wrote the poem below. It was featured on the back of the service program and was read during the service. The author of the poem, Mary Feie, later shared with me that she wrote it when her father-in-law was suffering from cancer, knowing that he would not be cured. Her beautiful words are a reminder to keep focused on the gift of life that God has given to each one of us… and to savor every moment. Every moment is precious, but is quickly passed away. How we spend our moments will define our lives as well as the memories we leave behind.
Take a minute and read Mary’s poem. Consider the moments of your life. Then intentionally, prayerfully, and guided by God’s Word and the Holy Spirit, determine to make the moments of your life memorable.
Savor the Moments
Savor the moments – Dream the dreams
Yet, remember that life – Is not all that it seems
For tomorrow the sun – Will most probably rise
But, the light of its rays – Might not dawn in some eyes
So, go watch a sunset – Hold someone’s hand
Take a quick trip – Not originally planned
Speak a word of kindness – Confirm a person’s worth
Celebrate the miracle – Of every child’s birth
Climb a tree, just for fun – Then, figure out how to get down
Sing at the top of your lungs – Make laughter a common sound
Listen to a loved one sleep – Thank God for their even breathing
Make a point to say “I love you!” – Upon arriving as well as leaving
Study the quality & tone – Of the voices that bless your heart
The memory can warm & strengthen – During times when you’re apart
Pray together as a family – Work hard at being a friend
Remember, the circle of love – Has no beginning & has no end
Give hugs freely – But, respect a person’s space
Let your fingers memorize – The contours of your spouse’s face
Look at all your options – Ponder what’s important to you
Deny regret any sway – When your days on earth are through
Relish every new season – See years as a gift to treasure
Success is assured if you – Cherish life beyond measure
May we all savor our moments – And dream our special dreams
Weaving them into a tapestry – Without fray, wrinkle or seam
May ‘precious’ define the collection – Of the moments of our lives
When life’s final dawn comes – And the Son shines in our eyes
Mary E. Feie ©
(Psalm 90:12,14,17 / Matthew 22:37-39 / Deuteronomy 6:5 / Leviticus 19:18
Ecclesiastes 4:6, 9-12 / Ephesians 5:15-17 / Philippians 4:11-13 / Revelation 22:16b)
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas