We all sorrow and we all despair. In the midst of troubling times and downcast feeling, how do we find real hope? Are there reasons for hope in sorrow and despair?
Our ministry is name Reasons for Hope* Jesus because only Jesus is true and everlasting hope. While the secular world might suggest many reasons for hope in the future and it does promote a hope of better days ahead, only Jesus holds the future. And it will be His purpose and plan that will come to pass. In Him alone can we trust.
Jesus alone gives us true reasons for hope—reasons that give us the confidence to face whatever comes our way. And we can have confidence knowing that Jesus is good and loving and kind. He is merciful, gracious, and overwhelmingly generous to pour out blessings of comfort, peace, hope, and assurance to those who are His.
Yes, God loves the whole world, and Jesus died to pay for the sins of all people, but the riches of the blessings of God are given only to those who belong to Jesus. In Him, we find:
Strength for the Day,
Hope for the future and
Joy in the Journey.
Reasons for Hope in Sorrow and Despair
1. God is Sovereign!
That means that He is in control and nothing happens outside of His will. Whether God causes something (providential will) or allows something (permissive will), God is good and has a good purpose and plan in it. In God’s will and ways, we can trust. 2 Cor 1:8-9, James 1:2-4
2. God loves you!
In Christ, you are His child (Read: What does it mean to be a child of God) Even people who don’t seem lovable are loved by God. God is love (1 John 4:8,16) and He loved the world so much that He sent His Son to live and die for us, to pay the price for our sin, so we could enter into relationship with Him forever (Isa 61:1-3).
3. God is working in your life!
Just as a father with a child, God works to train you, His child, and grow you into a mature and faithful member of His family (1 Corinthians 1:8, Eph 2:10, Phil 1:6).
4. God has given you His Word, prayer, and other believers to strengthen you!
Through the written words of God (Rom 10:17, 2 Tim 3:16) and in praying to Him (Ps 5:3, 34:15, Jer 29:12-13, Prov 8:17, 1 John 5:14, James 4:8), we are able to have a close and intimate relationship with Him and grow in our knowledge of Him. Through fellowship with other believers (Gal 6:2, 1 Thess 5:14, Heb 10:24-25, 1 John 1:7)we also grow in knowledge and faith and find strength in daily life.
5. God will never leave you!
You are never alone. You are in Christ, and, by the power of His Holy Spirit, He is with you always. (Heb 13:5,6, 1 Cor 3:16, 6:19)
6. God’s promises are true!
We can trust that every promise God has made (and every word He has spoken) is true and faithful. (2 Sam 7:28, Ps 119:60, John 17:17)
7. In Christ, you have everything you need. Therefore, even in despair, you can have hope!
Trusting in our sovereign Triune God, and His love for us, and His truthfulness and faithfulness in all He says and does produce a confident expectation (hope) for the future. (Isa 40:31, 1 Pet 5:10, 1 Thes 1:3, Col 1:27, Eph 1:18, Heb 10:23,
8. In Christ, you have everything you need. Therefore, even in despair, you can have joy and peace!
You have been redeemed and made a new creation. Anything you suffer now is nothing compared to the glory to come that Jesus has promised (Rom 8:18). One day we will see Jesus, face to face (1 Cor 13:12), and all things will be made new (Rev 21:4). Find your satisfaction in what Christ has already done for you and in what He is now doing in you (2 Cor 4:16) and you will find peace (Ps 4:8, Ps 23, Isa 26:3, Mat 11:29, John 16:33)
Paul wrote to the Philippians…
Phil 4:6-9 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy; meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED