“I will hedge up your way with thorns, and wall her in, so that she cannot find her paths. She will chase her lovers — but not overtake them; yes, she will seek them — but not find them. Then she will say, ‘I will go and return to my first husband, for then it was better for me than now.'” Hosea 2:6
As it is only with You, O my Savior, that I can be happy, I would never leave You anymore. If I should depart from You, under whatever plausible pretenses, let my way be hedged up and let thorns grow all around me. Let me quickly discover and crucify everything which would intercept the manifestations of Your love or diminish mine. Never would I take one step out of the way which You frequent, lest I bring on myself guilt and trouble. As for the cross which You impose, I will cheerfully bear it and even bless You for the burden.
Glory be to You, that You have not given me up, and suffered me to run into destruction in my own ways. Be pleased to restrain me still. And whenever I am in danger of wandering into the broad way, let me find no rest until I am brought back, though it may be through the briers of affliction. Keep me at the feet of Jesus, whatever is necessary to do so.
I know Your judgments, Lord, are right.
Though they may seem severe;
The sharpest sufferings I endure
Flow from Your faithful care.
Before I knew Your chastening rod,
My feet were apt to stray;
But now I learn to keep Your word,
Nor wander from Your way.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store