“In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:14
“Having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.” Colossians 2:13-14
Have you, O my soul, felt the weight of your own guilt and misery, and been enabled, in reality and truth — to lay hold by faith, of the blood of Christ for your redemption? Then you have a sure foundation to build upon; let it be your constant care firmly to depend upon the blessed declarations of the gospel; repair to Christ for everything you need.
Has He brought life and immortality to light? Then look unto Him and live.
Is there redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins? Then, notwithstanding all your guilt — rely cheerfully upon His atonement.
Has He blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against you? Then shake off self-righteous dependences and legal fears also.
Did He die for your sins? Then let His goodness and love, lead you to sincere repentance. Then let the sense of your sins break your heart — and encourage your hope in the gospel.
In Jesus is all you need — and all that is in Jesus is for you. Bless His holy name!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?