“You pushed me violently, that I might fall — but the LORD helped me.” Psalm 118:13
“Called … and preserved in Jesus Christ.” Jude 1:1
- Jesus was in the council, undertook our cause, struck hands in the covenant as our Surety.
- He wrought out a righteousness for us.
- He suffered on the tree to redeem us, ever lives, and ever loves, and ever pleads our cause.
- He represents our persons before the infinitely just and righteous Jehovah.
- His Father and our Father is now well-pleased with us because we are accepted and preserved in the Beloved.
Are these things so? And has the Lord the Spirit, the glorifier of Jesus, enlightened our understandings to see these things, enabled us to believe, and assured our hearts of our own happy share and interest in them?
0, my soul, stop, reflect, dwell on such wonderful power, distinguishing love, and appropriated mercy! Now let all my enemies exert their utmost power. I will not be afraid.
- Afflictions, pains, temptations may await me.
- Waves and storms may go over my head.
- Satan may sift me as wheat.
- The waters of death may prove bitter to my taste.
Yet will I not be discouraged.
- He who died for me will care for me.
- He who pardoned my aggravated offenses will heal my infirmities.
- He who knew the power of temptation will support and deliver me out of all.
This I believe. Lord, help my unbelief.
The wisdom, the power, the love, the promise, the covenant, and the oath of Jehovah stand all engaged for the preservation of a poor unworthy believer of Jesus. Alleluia.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR