“Look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near!” Luke 21:28
We are entering a new year. We shall have new toils, new trials, new temptations, and new troubles. Therefore, in whatever state, in whatever place, into whatever condition we may be brought this year, let us seek grace to follow our Lord’s loving advice, and “look up!“
Do not look back, as Lot’s wife did. Do not look within, as too many do. And do not look around, as David did.
But rather, “look up!” Look up to God who is your Father, your Friend, your Savior. He can help you and He will help you. He says, “Look unto Me, and be delivered, for I am God!”
Look up for light to guide you!
And God will direct your path.
Look up for grace to sanctify you!
And the grace of Jesus will be found sufficient for you.
Look up for strength to enable you to do and suffer God’s will.
And His strength will be made perfect in your weakness.
Look up for comfort to cheer you!
And as one whom his mother comforts, so will the Lord comfort you.
Look up for courage to embolden you!
And the Lord will give courage to the faint; and to those who have no might, He will increase strength.
Look up for endurance to keep you!
And the God who preserves you will enable you quietly to bear the heaviest burden, and silently to endure the most painful affliction.
Look up for providence to supply you!
And the jar of flour will not be used up, and the jug of oil will not run dry; but God shall supply all your needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Look up in
- Faith, exercising confidence in the Word of a faithful God.
- Prayer, asking for what God has graciously promised.
- Hope, expecting what you ask in the name of Jesus.
Look up with adoration!
And adore the sovereignty, righteousness, and wisdom of God.
Look up constantly!
And let nothing daunt or discourage you! Rather say, “Our eyes are on the Lord our God, until He shows us mercy.”
Look up, for this will keep your head from swimming, your heart from sinking, your knees from trembling, your feet from slipping, and your hands from hanging down!
It is impossible to say what will happen to us, or what will be required of us this year. But “Look up!” This direction, if properly attended to, will procure for us all that we need, secure us against all that we dread, and make us more than a match for all our foes and fears!
Are you fearful? “Look up” and hear Jesus saying to you, “Do not be afraid, I Myself will help you!”
Are you discouraged? “Look up” and your youth shall be renewed like the eagle’s, and fresh light, comfort, and courage shall be given to you!
Are you desponding? “Look up” for Jesus never breaks the bruised reed, nor quenches the smoking flax.
Do not look too much at your sin.
But look at the infinitely meritorious blood of God’s dear Son!
Do not look too much at self.
But look at Jesus who ever lives to make intercession for you in Heaven.
Are you stripped of your comforts, your props, and your goods? Then look up! He who stripped you, loves you! He will be more than all of these to you! And He will bind up your broken heart, calm your discouraged spirit, cheer your drooping mind, and fill you with His own peace and happiness.
Look up for all that you need, from all that you fear, through all that would obstruct your way. And look up every day, saying with David, “In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You, and will look up!” Psalm 5:3
Look up in every trial, saying “I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from whence comes my help! My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and earth!” Psalm 121:1-2
Do not look at:
- your sin, it will discourage you!
- your self, it will distress you!
- Satan, he will bewilder you!
- men, they will deceive or disappoint you!
- your trials, they will deject you!
“Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, looking unto Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith!” Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, look only, look always, look intently–to Jesus!
Run looking, work looking, fight looking, suffer looking, live looking, and die looking–unto Jesus, who is at God’s right hand in glory!
Oh, look, look, look to Jesus!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED