“Do not be overcome by evil — but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
“Who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?” 1 Peter 3:13
The life of a Christian is a warfare, and the conflict between sin and holiness and between sorrow and comfort is often very violent. Sin, Satan, self, and the world are his daily enemies. He is also exposed to poverty, affliction, reproaches, and persecution.
O my Savior, help me to overcome every evil in the strength of Your grace; give me a heart to do good to all who may seek to hurt me.
“Who,” my Christian associates, “is he who will harm you, if you become followers of what is good?”
- Not the Father — for He loves you. Not Jesus — He died for you.
- Not the Spirit — His work is to comfort you.
- Not good men — they love those who follow that which is good. Not wicked men, nor devils — for though enemies, they are confined and cannot stir one step beyond what your God and Savior permits them.
When you meet with a trial, look not to men — but to Jesus. Pray for patience to bear it and look up for a blessing upon it. Then all things shall work together for good (Romans 8:28). Let every temptation make you more careful and put you on closer watch against the enemy. Cleave to Jesus by faith and prayer, like a child to its parent, when it sees an enemy coming toward it. Behold Him, flee to Him, rest upon Him, and then you will rejoice in Him.
My soul, I charge you to flee to Christ from all danger, and for every needed blessing.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR