“Do not be overcome by evil — but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
“Who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?” 1 Peter 3:13
The life of a Christian is a warfare, and the conflict between sin and holiness and between sorrow and comfort is often very violent. Sin, Satan, self, and the world are his daily enemies. He is also exposed to poverty, affliction, reproaches, and persecution.
O my Savior, help me to overcome every evil in the strength of Your grace; give me a heart to do good to all who may seek to hurt me.
“Who,” my Christian associates, “is he who will harm you, if you become followers of what is good?”
- Not the Father — for He loves you. Not Jesus — He died for you.
- Not the Spirit — His work is to comfort you.
- Not good men — they love those who follow that which is good. Not wicked men, nor devils — for though enemies, they are confined and cannot stir one step beyond what your God and Savior permits them.
When you meet with a trial, look not to men — but to Jesus. Pray for patience to bear it and look up for a blessing upon it. Then all things shall work together for good (Romans 8:28). Let every temptation make you more careful and put you on closer watch against the enemy. Cleave to Jesus by faith and prayer, like a child to its parent, when it sees an enemy coming toward it. Behold Him, flee to Him, rest upon Him, and then you will rejoice in Him.
My soul, I charge you to flee to Christ from all danger, and for every needed blessing.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
Top Ten in 2019
- What is the meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- What is the meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR