“Do this in remembrance of Me.” Luke 22:19
Come, my soul; obey your dying Lord’s command. Let it be your delight, as it is your privilege, to attend your Master at His table, to take a nearer view of His bleeding love; and by a renewed act of faith, obtain a fresh taste and renewed pledge of the precious benefits contained therein.
Stagger not through unbelief. It is a blessed truth: Jesus died for sinners. This is the foundation of a sinner’s hope. Let this encourage you, O my soul! You are a sinner guilty and denied. The blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin. He is the Fountain opened for your impurity.
- You are by nature a child of wrath, condemned by the law, exposed to the curse. But Jesus was made a curse for you.
- You are unrighteous, unholy. But Jesus is made of God unto you Righteousness and Sanctification.
- You are weak, beset with enemies. But His strength shall be perfected in your weakness, and you, by faith, shall be more than a conqueror through Him that loved you.
- You are afraid of perishing at the last. But look to Jesus. He purchased you with His blood. He will not give you up. And none can pluck you out of His hand.
Rise, then, O my soul, and come to the banquet of love and partake of the blessings of the everlasting covenant. Beseech the Lord to manifest His love and seal your pardon, renew your strength, and enable you to travel the remaining part of your pilgrimage, until you come to Mount Zion and be admitted a welcome guest at the marriage-supper in Heaven.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR