“I will heal your backslidings.” Jeremiah 3:22
“It is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13
Blessed Lord and Savior, I would gladly believe in You, be faithful and obedient to you, and desire that I always work that which is good. And since this also is Your will, I trust it shall be done. For since it is You will, who can hinder it? True it is that sin, flesh, the world, and devils are against it, but shall these enemies be stronger than You, the mighty God? Shall their opposition be able to quell Your work in me, if I do not consent to it? That can never be.
- The more violence they use upon me, the more earnest may I be with You in prayer. And the more I pray, the more glorious will Your assistance be.
- The more they hinder, the more You will further; so that all their hindrances shall be swallowed up by Your furtherances, as the serpents of the sorcerers in Egypt were swallowed up by the serpent of Moses.
The enemy will fall by his own sword, and the greatest opposition will turn to my good, and to the promoting of Your work. Everything indeed can overcome me, if I do not abide in You by continual faith and prayer. But by thus abiding in You, all opposition proves not only weak in itself — but profitable to my soul. O Jesus, let Your strength be made perfect in my weakness, and may I ever find Your grace sufficient for me!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR