“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness — but have the light of life.” John 8:12
“Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.” John 12:35
He who is faithful, keeping ever close to Christ and His light, strictly watching and obeying the motions of His Spirit, will always be tender in conscience and will receive proportionate measures of light. Consequently, he will be, from time to time, more deeply rooted in repentance, faith, and assurance, so as either to be preserved from many combats and disorders or at least to be carried sooner through the same. He may meet with dark valleys in his pilgrimage (for nature is covered with darkness, and grace sometimes only glimmers like a spark). Yet by degrees, it will blaze, and at last break through and enlighten all our darkness. The day will dawn and the shadows flee away before the Sun of Righteousness.
My soul, keep your eye fixed on Jesus, as the light of the world. Walk closely with Jesus by faith, in holy fellowship. This will preserve you from darkness, depression, despondency, and despair. This will fill you with joy, peace, confidence, and love.
Is he a Sun? His beams are grace,
His course is joy and righteousness;
Nations rejoice when He appears,
To chase the clouds and dry their tears.
Nor earth, nor seas, nor sun, nor star
Nor Heaven His full resemblance bears.
His beauties we can never trace.
Until we behold Him face-to-face.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store