“Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD brings back the captivity of His people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.” Psalm 14:7
“If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” John 8:36 (See also 31, 32.)
Not that sin is utterly destroyed, or entirely dead, and cannot stir anymore in the heart of believers; for the Scripture speaks of them as having still to contend against the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:17). But it is true that pardoned sin has no power either to condemn or to reign over us; nay, it shall be weakened more and more (Romans 6:12, 14). So that Christ reigns even in the heart where sin, though hated, still finds a place. He reigns in the midst of His enemies, encouraging the believer to fight perseveringly beneath His banners until He becomes more than a conqueror and be presented without fault before the throne of God.
I will, therefore, daily seek grace from God to subdue my iniquities, to sanctify my nature, and to conform me to the Lord Jesus; that being freed from condemnation and consecrated to His service — I may bring forth the fruits of righteousness to His praise and glory. Thus shall I carry out the apostolic exhortation, “Grow in grace.”
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?