Our Scripture for the day comes from the gospel of John,
- “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.” (John 15:7-8 – NASB)
If we abide (“remain”) in Christ, and if His “words abide (“remain”) in” us . . . if this condition exists, our requests will be in accordance with God’s will. We will “ask whatever” we “wish,” and “whatever” we “wish” will be as Christ, through His Word, would instruct us. Remember, Jesus always abided in the Father, and always sought to do the Father’s will (John 4:34; 6:38; 8:29; etc.).
If this condition exists, we are “in” Him and His “words” are “in” us, then we will also “bear much fruit,” and the “Father” will be “glorified” and we will “so prove to be” Christ’s “disciples.”
So, the question, “What kind of fruit” will we “bear.” Some say this “fruit” pertains to those who are saved by God through the witnessing of the gospel by the saints. I would surely agree with that. When we witness for Christ and a soul comes to Him by the power of God’s Word, that is indeed “fruit.” But that is not the only “fruit.”
When we “walk by the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16), when we are “led by the Spirit” (Galatians 5:18), then the “fruit of the Spirit” becomes evident in our lives . . . the image of Christ is manifested. And how is this “fruit” described? Some of it is specified in Galatians, chapter five:
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23 – NASB)
If we are “abiding in” Christ, and if His “words” are “abiding in” us, this also is some of the “fruit” we will “bear.” These characteristics will be evident in our lives, characteristics that indicate we are being conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29).
I guess what we need to ask ourselves is, “Are we abiding in Christ? Are we abiding in His Word? And such, is the fruit of the Spirit that which marks our character as we abide in Him and His Word?” Good to ask the question and good to do a personal check to determine what kind of “fruit” we are “bearing.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so by the Spirit, led by Him, bearing the fruit of the Spirit and thus being more and more like Christ.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge