The Great White Throne Judgment . . . a judgment that believers in Christ will miss but every soul that has not or does not receive Him as Lord and Savior, will attend.
- “And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds . . . . And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:11-12, 15 – NASB)
A good business man, in the process of running his business on the up-and-up, will keep books. He will record in these books every business transaction so that if higher authorities should ask him to give account of his work, he has everything recorded and ready for inspection.
God has books also, more important books than any businessman could ever have. There seems to be in God’s library a book for every person. Note when David was pondering his own conception and birth,
- “Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written” (Psalm 139:16 – NASB)
He noted that “in (God’s) book” there “were . . . written” the things concerning him. I’m of the mind that God has a book for every person who is conceived. He also has “another book,” and this is called “the Book of Life.” At “the Great White Throne Judgment” God will open the “books” of each person’s life, and He will also open “the Book of Life,” a “book” in which are written all the names of those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
In the course of life men and women choose to reject God’s plan of “life,” a plan that is in His Son. They spurn the reconciliation that is available to them in Christ, and they do not receive Him for who He is and what He has done. They are not willing to repent and to believe on Him for salvation. They instead work out their own path “according to the course of this world” (Ephesians2:2) and “their deeds” are recorded, “deeds” which can never supplant the work of God in Christ. On the day of judgment, they will be judged from “the books” for their names will not appear in “the Book of Life.” And because their “name was not found written in the book of life” the Scripture says, they will be “thrown into the lake of fire.” They will suffer eternal separation from God forever.
Those whose names that have not been blotted out of “the Book of Life” are those who have been redeemed by the “precious blood of Christ” (I Peter 1:9). They are not deserving to be in this “Book” but because of what God has graciously done through the work of Christ, they are in “the Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27).
The day is coming when the “books” will be opened and the day of judgment will be here. If you are a believer you will not be at this “great white throne,” for your name will be in “the Book of Life” and because of what Christ has done for you, you will enter into the very realm of eternal glory, into the very presence of God.
Have a good day brethren . . . and, as you walk, think upon the books and think upon the fact that if you are in Christ your name is written in the book that matters.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR