The Great White Throne Judgment . . . a judgment that believers in Christ will miss but every soul that has not or does not receive Him as Lord and Savior, will attend.
- “And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds . . . . And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:11-12, 15 – NASB)
A good business man, in the process of running his business on the up-and-up, will keep books. He will record in these books every business transaction so that if higher authorities should ask him to give account of his work, he has everything recorded and ready for inspection.
God has books also, more important books than any businessman could ever have. There seems to be in God’s library a book for every person. Note when David was pondering his own conception and birth,
- “Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written” (Psalm 139:16 – NASB)
He noted that “in (God’s) book” there “were . . . written” the things concerning him. I’m of the mind that God has a book for every person who is conceived. He also has “another book,” and this is called “the Book of Life.” At “the Great White Throne Judgment” God will open the “books” of each person’s life, and He will also open “the Book of Life,” a “book” in which are written all the names of those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
In the course of life men and women choose to reject God’s plan of “life,” a plan that is in His Son. They spurn the reconciliation that is available to them in Christ, and they do not receive Him for who He is and what He has done. They are not willing to repent and to believe on Him for salvation. They instead work out their own path “according to the course of this world” (Ephesians2:2) and “their deeds” are recorded, “deeds” which can never supplant the work of God in Christ. On the day of judgment, they will be judged from “the books” for their names will not appear in “the Book of Life.” And because their “name was not found written in the book of life” the Scripture says, they will be “thrown into the lake of fire.” They will suffer eternal separation from God forever.
Those whose names that have not been blotted out of “the Book of Life” are those who have been redeemed by the “precious blood of Christ” (I Peter 1:9). They are not deserving to be in this “Book” but because of what God has graciously done through the work of Christ, they are in “the Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27).
The day is coming when the “books” will be opened and the day of judgment will be here. If you are a believer you will not be at this “great white throne,” for your name will be in “the Book of Life” and because of what Christ has done for you, you will enter into the very realm of eternal glory, into the very presence of God.
Have a good day brethren . . . and, as you walk, think upon the books and think upon the fact that if you are in Christ your name is written in the book that matters.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge