From the Psalms we read,
- “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, ‘My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!’ For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper” (Psalm 91:1-2 – NASB)
You’ve probably seen the commercial for Safe-Lock. It is a company that seeks to gain your business by providing you with identity theft protection. Their product is one of promised security, security from those who would attempt to invade the very privacy of your life, seeking to steal all your financial assets, in essence, seeking to steal your very person. The threat of this looms large in our highly technological age where “hackers” are constantly making efforts to gain access to private personal data that is so readily available on the information highway of the internet. These “hackers” seem to have nothing better to do for their fellow man than to attempt to make a person’s life miserable. With this danger oh so very real and considering the devastating effects it can have on a person’s life, it makes pretty good business sense to have companies that provide security services that oppose such unscrupulous deeds.
That said, there is an enemy that we believers are very aware of, a foe that, daily, hourly, seeks to “hack” into our lives and make them miserable. He actually seeks to destroy us! He seeks to steal from us our joy, our peace, our hope, and all that we have in Christ. He is a formidable foe! He has no redeeming qualities and absolutely no good intentions. He is so excessively evil that we sometimes find it hard to fathom just how depraved he really is and to what extent he will go to destroy a life. As terrible as “hackers” are, Satan in comparison, makes them seem like angels. He is actually the motivating mind behind the “hackers” that threaten people’s lives in this high-tech day in which you and I live.
How is one to protect himself or herself from such a wicked foe? The principles of God’s “Safe-Lock” are found in this Psalm. Of this psalm’s truths that transcend time. Dr. John MacArthur writes,
- “Most of the terms mentioned in this psalm are left un-defined, no doubt intentionally, so that no kind of danger is omitted from application. Believers in every age can read this psalm to learn that nothing can harm a child of God unless the Lord permits it.”
Safer than owning Safe-Lock is the one,
- “. . . who dwells in the shelter of the Most High” . . . who . . . “abide(s) in the shadow of the Almighty.”
For our God is our “refuge” and our “fortress.” He is the God “in whom (we) trust.” He is the one “who delivers (us) from the snare of the” Devil and his demons. Nothing can touch us without Him allowing it too. And that you can be assured of . . . . because God has told us so in His Word. Take it in and take it to heart and rejoice in God’s care for you . . . Oh rejoice!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk know that as you obey His will you are in the shelter of the Most High, of Almighty God Himself . . . . . and brethren, there exists no safer place to be .
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge