From Second Corinthians we read these blessed words,
- “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (II Corinthians 5:21 – NASB)
As I prayed this morning I suddenly had a strong remembrance of the cross of our Lord. I had intended to write on a different Scripture matter, but this verse kept coming to my thoughts. And so I share it with you on this new day, that together, we may remember the cross of our Lord and recall to our minds just what God has done for us through the redeeming work of our Savior.
I fear sometimes that I will forget this, that I will, in my busy life, forget what God has done for me in Christ. “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf.” God, the second Person of the Trinity, “made” Himself “sin.” On that cross He became our sin bearer, our propitiation, our sacrifice, the One who bore the wrath of God, a wrath we deserved, “on our behalf.” Brethren we must not forget where we were and where Jesus has brought us by means of His sacrificial work, we must not forget the cross of Christ.
The old hymn calls us to remembrance . . .
- “Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified,
- Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.
- O the love that drew salvation’s plan! O the grace that bro’t it down to man!
- O the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary.
- (Refrain) Mercy there was great and grace was free, pardon there was multiplied to me,
- There my burdened soul found liberty — at Calvary.”
Just think of the love brethren that screams to us from the cross! He “who knew no sin” became “sin on our behalf, that we,” who deserved judgment, “might become the righteousness of God in Him.” There is no greater act than this, no greater love than this! I don’t think we even begin to grasp just how far removed we were from God by our sin . . . It is truly a “mighty gulf that God did span,” and He did “at Calvary.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk remember the cross of Christ and all He accomplished for us at Calvary.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas