From Second Corinthians we read these blessed words,
- “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (II Corinthians 5:21 – NASB)
As I prayed this morning I suddenly had a strong remembrance of the cross of our Lord. I had intended to write on a different Scripture matter, but this verse kept coming to my thoughts. And so I share it with you on this new day, that together, we may remember the cross of our Lord and recall to our minds just what God has done for us through the redeeming work of our Savior.
I fear sometimes that I will forget this, that I will, in my busy life, forget what God has done for me in Christ. “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf.” God, the second Person of the Trinity, “made” Himself “sin.” On that cross He became our sin bearer, our propitiation, our sacrifice, the One who bore the wrath of God, a wrath we deserved, “on our behalf.” Brethren we must not forget where we were and where Jesus has brought us by means of His sacrificial work, we must not forget the cross of Christ.
The old hymn calls us to remembrance . . .
- “Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified,
- Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.
- O the love that drew salvation’s plan! O the grace that bro’t it down to man!
- O the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary.
- (Refrain) Mercy there was great and grace was free, pardon there was multiplied to me,
- There my burdened soul found liberty — at Calvary.”
Just think of the love brethren that screams to us from the cross! He “who knew no sin” became “sin on our behalf, that we,” who deserved judgment, “might become the righteousness of God in Him.” There is no greater act than this, no greater love than this! I don’t think we even begin to grasp just how far removed we were from God by our sin . . . It is truly a “mighty gulf that God did span,” and He did “at Calvary.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk remember the cross of Christ and all He accomplished for us at Calvary.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge