[Watch the Movie Trailer Below]
Another Pilgrim’s Progress movie will debut on April 18th to faithfully tell the story of the 1678 book written by John Bunyan. Bunyan’s book, fully titled “The Pilgrim’s Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come,” is a Christian allegory that has been a classic favorite for more than four centuries. Translated into more than 200 languages, the book has never been out of print and it remains one of the best selling books of all time. Before watching the movie trailer, take a minute and read a brief overview of the plot and characters:
The story tells of a man named Christian (allegorical of all Christian pilgrims), who was born with the name Graceless. It tells of his journey from his hometown, the City of Destruction (allegorical of “this world” as in the full title), to the Celestial City (allegorical of Heaven, or “that which is to come” in the full title). Christian carries with him a great burden that represents his knowledge of his sin.
On his journey, Christian meets many interesting people–some of a bad influence, including Obstinate, Pliable, Mr. Worldly Wiseman, Mr. Legality, Civility, Sloth, Presumption, Formalist and Hypocrisy, Danger and Destruction, Mistrust and Timorous, Apollyon, and more. But he also meets many of good influence: Evangelist, Goodwill, Hopeful, Faithful, Watchful, Sincere, Innocent, Humble Mind, Valiant-for-Truth, Stand-fast, and many more. His journey takes him through many cities, with equally symbolic names, until he reaches his final destination of the Celestial City, which is the “Desired Country” of pilgrims. Allegorical of Heaven, the Celestial City is the dwelling place of the “Lord of the Hill” and is situated on Mount Zion.
With the debut of this movie, the story of “The Pilgrim’s Progress” lives on to equip, encourage, and empower a new generation of Christians to be strong and faithful in their journey to the Celestial City. Enjoy the trailer. I was given a private screening for the Bible study I teach. Everyone loved the movie’s presentation of John Bunyan’s story. I encourage you to see the movie. It will only be showing on Thursday, April 18th and Saturday, April 20th. Find a theater near you and get your tickets NOW: Tickets for The Pilgrim’s Progress
Pray that this movie will reach many Christians to encourage them in their journey to the Celestial City. And also pray that many non-believers will see it and understand the forgiveness of Jesus who can take away the burden of sin and set them on a pilgrimage to their new home. May the gospel message shared in this movie grow and strengthen the Kingdom.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store