“I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction?” Hosea 13:14
“And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” Colossians 2:15
The world is afraid of a hidden poison — where there is none. The real hidden poison is sin — which the Lord grants me to fear everywhere; for it has infected all things and all places. Sin is in my nature, and daily appears in my life; I will, therefore, daily look to Jesus, who has said, “Look to Me, and be saved.” Jesus alone can deliver me from the guilt, power, and consequences of sin; and it is only by faith in Him, that I can realize and enjoy this deliverance.
Unless I am saved from sin — I cannot triumph over death, or look forward to the grave without fear. The sting of death is sin. Faith in Jesus deprives death of its sting and enables the believer to sing in the prospect of death, “Thanks be to God who gives us the victory.” I would fear nothing but sin, and trust for deliverance from it to no one but Jesus.
O my Savior, Your being my all-sufficient preservative and antidote in all places, dwell in me continually and increase my faith — that I may know You, and enjoy You more and more. Take away all slavish fear of death and Hell from my soul; for You have conquered both for me.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?