Does it really matter how I live this life God has given me? That is a question the Lord speaks expressly to,
- “Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? May it never be! . . . Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.” (I Corinthians 6:15, 19-20 – NASB)
The matter of how a believer walked, how they conducted themselves, was of utmost importance to the apostle Paul as he penned his letters to the various churches. To the church at Corinth he had much to say about this matter and as one reads the two letters to this body of believers you can see why. They were having big problems in how they behaved, how they lived their lives, how they ordered their behavior. If we ask the question, “Does my walk matter?” the answer is a resounding, “Yes! It really does matter!”
We are to live our lives in accordance with the understanding that our “bodies are members of Christ.” We are appendages of Him, body parts of His that He makes use of in this lost and dying world in which we currently live. The Corinthian believers had obviously forgotten this and we should be warned that sometimes we also are guilty of doing the same thing. It is good to be reminded who we are, who we belong to, and what that means regarding our daily walk.
We are “members of Christ.” Our bodies are “a temple of the Holy Spirit.” We are “not (our) own.” We “have been bought with a price.” Understanding all of this is meant to have a direct bearing on the way we walk. Understanding all of this not only answers the question regarding whether it matters how we walk, but also, how we are to go about that walk. We are to “glorify God in (our) body.”
The Holy Spirit drives the point home! “Do you not know?” We say in response, “Yes, we know.” Okay, if you know it . . . . .
- “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (I Corinthians 10:31 – NASB)
Again, in his letter to the believers at Corinth, Paul instructs them in regards to their walk, to “eat” and “drink” and do “whatever (they) do . . . to the glory of God.” We who are disciples of Christ are to “glorify God in (our) body,” we are to do all we do “to the glory of God.” The believers at Corinth needed reminding of this, and as is so very often the case, we also need it brought to our remembrance.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk recall to mind who it is you belong to and how that is to affect your walk, and know that your behavior really does matter.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR